Health & Safety Information
Jesmonite is non toxic and safe to use, but has some important safety considerations that you must abide by whenever you're working with the material.
- When mixed with liquids, the material hardens and becomes very hot quickly.
- DO NOT attempt to make a cast enclosing any part of the body using any Jesmonite material. Failure to follow this instruction can cause severe burns that may require surgical removal of affected tissue or amputation.
- Avoid eye contact, rinse with water and seek medical advice.
- Avoid prolonged contact with skin to avoid irritation for sensitive skin, rinse with water.
- Avoid inhaling dust to avoid respiratory irritation, ventilate area and move to fresh air.
- Avoid ingestion - wash mouth and drink water.
- Wear suitable clothing and personal protective equipment such as gloves, eye protection, and dust mask.
Material Safety Data Sheets are available upon request.
All instructions and recommendations listed on our website are based upon our and Jesmonite Ltd's experience and are offered merely for advice. They are offered in good faith but without guarantee, as conditions and methods of use are beyond our control. It remains the responsibility of the end user to determine the suitability of the materials for the particular purpose intended.
AC100 Starter Kit
AC730 Flex Metal Gel Coats