How To: Avoid Spot Marks On Your Jesmonite Creations
Tutorial on how to avoid spots on your cured Jesmonite items.
- It is essential to use accurate scales for weighing Jesmonite Base and Jesmonite AC100 Liquids
- The standard mix ratio for Jesmonite AC100 is 2.5:1 (2.5 parts Jesmonite Base + 1 part Jesmonite AC100 Liquid)
- Weigh out the Jesmonite AC100 Liquid first and then add the Jesmonite Base
- Attach a Jesmonite High-Shear Mixing Blade to a standard drill for the appropriate mixing of Jesmonite materials
- Mixing containers should be clean and dry, and of a suitable size
- Mix the Jesmonite materials together for a minimum of 1 minute, until the mix is smooth, flowing and free from lumps
- Jesmonite Pigments can be added at a maximum of 2% by weight of the total mix, or 20g per kg of total mix (Base and Liquids).